Call me anything..just not that.


What’s your line? The line that just cannot be crossed. The one button that cannot be pushed. The thing that drives you so mad you can barely breathe. Mine is being called a liar. Few things get me as riled up. I have for the last few minutes, been trying to calm my nerves and regulate my breathing because someone has just accused me of being a liar. No opportunity to defend myself and no real consideration of what calling someone a liar implies. Liars are unreliable, cannot be trusted and have no integrity. That is definitely not me. Now that the line has been crossed I have been quietly trying to figure out how best to deal with it. I tried to be quiet but felt as though I would spontaneously combust. I complained to everyone but the culprit and felt like a fraud that draws a line in the sand but does nothing when it is crossed. I thought blogging would help, it hasn’t! The stifled hyperventilation has formed into a big lump in my throat and my eyes are stinging from tears. Wish I could get angry without crying. I’m working on that. I’m stuck between the Christian way (turn the other cheek) and the other way! Does it really matter what some misguided person thinks they know about me? Is my ego so big and so fragile that I simply cannot let things go? I know an amazing woman with the most amazing ability to shrug things off. It is superhuman! She has what she calls a mental trash can. Some things just aren't worth her stress and so she swiftly dumps them in the trash and moves on. I admire her for it and she is far more relaxed about life because of it. She sort of shrugs it off like water off a duck’s back and starts talking about something else. It takes some really major stuff to wind her up. I wish I could be like her. Anyway...I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My constant fear of what people will think.

They call me mum.

Good morning 2014.