Padre

I love world events. I really do. I'm giddy at the sight of them. The ones where I know I'm joined by billions in my fascination. The appointment of the new pope is one such event. I liken it to the Olympic opening ceremony or US election night. Hope that's not an offensive comparison.

Argentinians must be feeling awfully proud. I'm proud too. I love Padre Jorge's (now Pope Francis) back story. The Archbishop of Buenos Aires, who is so laid back he chooses to take the bus. He came second to Ratzinger in 2005. What luck! The winner resigns and then you get your turn.

The moral of the story; coming second isn't the end of the world. Keep taking the bus and one day you'll get the job of your dreams!

Comments

  1. I agree, there is something about sharing world events, live, together, across different continents. Excitement definitely permiates and is not restricted by the bounds of distance. I haven't been Catholic for over 20 years but found myself quite absorbed and intrigued by it all. My prayer for Francis the 1st, May the Lord truly speak to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although i am truly glad to be able to share in the world wide experience, I'm also waiting impatiently for the day the world shares in the beauty that is Africa...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My constant fear of what people will think.

They call me mum.

Good morning 2014.