Whatever could I be referring to?


THERE

Something is hanging in the air
Looming, threatening, frightening
It's locked my limbs to inaction
Closing my eyes and bracing myself
It'll have to find me right here
Can you feel it too?
Choking the promise that once was
Making me dread what will be
Stifling, the air too dry to breath
Not even shade under the trees
Nothing for free
To free me, no one
Surely this is not how it should be?
Comfort in ruins
Delight in despair
Pray tell what took me there?
Laughter in disaster
Will I even have a heart hereafter?
A book with covers
A few pages
Not chapters
Empty
Shelve it, burn it
No matter
No one will notice
Eyes closed, self braced
It'll have to find me right here.

FINIS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My constant fear of what people will think.

They call me mum.

Good morning 2014.