Happy Birthday to me!!

It's the 23rd of October and all I can do is smile. I'm grateful for my life and hopeful for the future.

This year I've wished for many things. But some of the biggest things have been that I would be a better and more reliable friend, sister, aunt, daughter and wife. That there would be more gratitude than grumbling on my lips. That I would say more meaningful and helpful things and that I would stop crying about EVERYTHING! As I said it's a wish, bear with me through my transformation!

I found a wonderful verse in the bible that has been my wish for everyone. I've put it in almost every birthday card I've written this year and it's also my prayer for myself. It goes 'I pray for good fortune in everything you do, and for your good health - that your everyday affairs prosper, as well as your soul' 3 John.

I just opened my journal to check that I'd written it out correctly and stumbled on a note my husband left there wishing me well for today. FLOODS OF TEARS! I'm hopeless.

Anyway, I didn't want the day to pass without marking the occasion on my beloved blog. Thank you for all the wonderful messages and gestures. Thanks for being patient with me and thanks for passing by here!

xx

The girl who loves to write

Comments

  1. So after listening to my fiance go on for 15mins about what a bad tete I am to have missed your birthday. I've decided, instead of wallowing in shame for another few days before my phone comes right again and I can contact you. Let me just confess right here that I'm sorry for missing your birthday. I suck. I hope you had a day half as lovely as you are. :)
    By the way, there's no shame in crying all the time (I had to listen to my fiance and bible school classmates going on about my endless tears last night)It makes our skin better than everyone else's [that's my theory and I'm sticking to it] Loads of love...your delinquent sorry excuse for a tete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tete! I love you. Thanks for the message. Better late than never. As for kuchema, HI5! I think it's a gift all other people (who aren't as self actualised as we are) wish they had!! A good cry is THE solution to life's niggles. So happy you can't breath?? A good dry does the job! Your fav shoes ruined in the rain?? Good cry does it again. You've had a good cry and you still don't feel right?? You got it! Good cry! It's all about the BOO HOO!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My constant fear of what people will think.

They call me mum.

Good morning 2014.